Some of our demos are in MIDI format, others are in MP# format. CYBERMIDI uses the "embed" tag to reproduce musical sounds on our web site. This tag will instruct your browser to play the appropriate "plugin" that it uses. This will work out of the box on most browsers. But you're probably reading this page because you're getting no sound. You may notice that demos seem to work for some songs, and not for others. This means you are probably hearing one and not the other (.mid or .mp3).
- Close any other programs using your MIDI sound driver. For example, if you have another MIDI program open, you may not hear any sound from the demos.
- Ensure that sound "plugins" are installed in your broswer. If they are not, or you are unsure, we suggest: Windows USERs: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER or REAL PLAYER. We recommend: QUICKTIME. If the plugin is not installed, look at the bottom of the demo window. Is there a box that says something like, "click in to install plugin"? Did an alert open somewhere near the top of your browser that says a plugin is needed? If yet, click to install the suggested plugin. Once installed, sound should now work.
- Ensure that your browser plugins are up to date, particularly Adobe FLASH and SHOCKWAVE. Update them and restart browser
- Check your firewall settings. Although not usually a problem with MIDI (probably more realistic for mp3s), on some rare occasions it has been reported that turning off the firewall or creating an exception fixed the problem.
If you are using Quicktime and still cannot hear the MIDI demos, try this procedure:
- Launch Quicktime
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicktime Preferences
- Select "Browser Plug-in" from the Drop-down Menu
- Click "Mime Settings"
- Enable the file types you wish Quicktime to handle (including .MP3 and MIDI). Do not enable Flash.
- Click "OK"
- If all else fails, try these web sites: